Tuesday, December 13, 2022

A Star Answers

I was outside in the snow last night looking at the starry sky, listening to Christian music while praying, and shedding some tears as I did. When I think about God and all He has done for me, a sinner, the tears just come. They aren’t tears of grief or sadness, but come more from a sense gratitude, of humility, and feeling undeserving of the grace I have been given. I don’t deserve anything I have been given and yet God has given it all to me through the blood of Jesus. 

At one point I looked up at the night sky and asked, “Where are you God?” even though I knew what the answer would be. My gut said, “All around, just look!” But I asked anyway. “Where are you God? Show me!” And immediately a shooting star shot across the sky in the exact place I was looking. 

Sometimes it’s in the very small answers to small prayers that give us the strength to be bold in Christ in the most difficult of circumstances that we may face down the road. In that brief second of a star shooting across the sky I knew God was there. Even when you don’t feel it, He is with you. He will never leave nor forsake you.

“It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; He will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” (Deuteronomy 31:8)





No comments:

Post a Comment