Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mt. SAC Relays

            From Tuesday through Sunday I was in Walnut, CA for the Mt. SAC relays and I am only a couple days away from hopping back on a plane and heading to Palo Alto, CA for my next track meet so I will give you a brief update on my first steeple of the season.
            I raced in the elite section Thursday night and the race felt great until the last two laps when my legs did not want to jump anymore and lactic acid was setting in. At the start of the race things felt very effortless and I thought I would have no problem getting a PR. But since I was unable to practice any steeple technique due to injury earlier in the year I soon discovered my jumps were subpar.
            Levi took video of all of my water jumps and I was not pushing off the barrier. I was landing very deep and coming to a stop in the water which wasted a lot of time and energy! The majority of my hurdles were not that smooth either. I noticed I was taking off close to the hurdles and stuttering a little due to running in a pack and not being able to see the hurdles.
            The good thing about all this is that my fitness is there and I just need to work on technique a bit more. I do not have a lot of time before Payton Jordan but I believe I can fix some of my issues and run faster. I will just need to be focused going into every barrier and remember what I need to do to execute proper technique. 

           

Watch more videos on Flotrack

No comments:

Post a Comment