Thursday, November 17, 2022

It's Been a Minute

Wow, it's been quite awhile since I have posted to my blog. This was created in what seems like a lifetime ago, when I was running post collegiately and using it to connect with people as my sponsors had encouraged. Now I'm dusting off my shoes, metaphorically, I really don't run much anymore, and am going to try and start writing here again. 

This blog will not be mostly focused on running so I will need to update the name and such. I'm not really even sure what it will focus on. But I recently was banned on Facebook for answering a funny poll that said to write the name of the last TV show you watched as the character in that show is coming to rescue you from a kidnapping. I wrote two words. Jeffrey Dahmer. It was a number one trending show on Netflix and I happened to watch it the night before. I was automatically banned and when I clicked appeal that said it was denied as well. It's all the computer bots and no human common sense. 

This got me thinking about the platform in general. I haven't liked what it has been doing and the censoring and bans it gives out left and right. But I do like to post some of my journal reflections on my spiritual journey as well as updates about my family. I enjoy seeing posts from my friends and interacting with people I physically cannot see everyday. But I do not like the company. There are aspects of the platform I like but overall I do not feel positive about it. So that brings me here.  

I am looking at possibly moving my blog to Word Press but for now I will post here. 

I hope to use my blog as a place to post some of my writings outside of social media like Facebook. The time is coming when I am sure I will type something that will anger the bots, that I have no clue will anger the bots (like I just did) and because they will see I have a restriction on my history I'll be banned completely. 

I am going to start by posting a bunch of my old writings that I had shared on Facebook and a new one I wrote today and go from there. Maybe I'll use this consistently, maybe not. For now it's fun to be back writing again on the blog again.



No comments:

Post a Comment